Sunday, August 1, 2010

Diseases of the Soul. Madness


Have you seen that high mountain that seems to touch the sun? Have you seen that star that seems so far away that its distance would easily duplicate eternity? Have you seen the rough sea, the thunder that seems to explode the ears and the desert where nothing grows?
Nevertheless, the ground is fertile beyond and the fields give milk and honey.
Have you seen and heard a child to cry and then to laugh instantly? All these things may seem incredible but they all are natural part of the scenery of the great process of living. But I am going to tell you something that might has happened or will happen to you.

There is a moment where laughing seems like crying

when the morning light is covered with shadows, when winter gives me warmth, when that far star comes down to the ground and talks to me very softly, saying things that I would not dare to repeat.

And some other times, the desert is filled with water and the water in front of me seems to dry and I can see the fish suffocate not in the sea but in the emptiness.
And when I look at the eyes looking at me, I don’t know anymore who is looking to whom. And I continue but my strength weakens and it becomes a great battle where nobody lives.
Then, I begin walking on top of an infinite lake of blood, made out of hate, rancor, doubt and fear. And after, comes the nothing and embraces, kisses , takes, breaks me in pieces and in that way I return from the nothing and I live again but a useless, individual loss, who does not understand the path to follow.

I am also despised and misunderstood by everybody, even by myself. I am Madness.

Author and Artist: Oscar Basurto Carbonell
http://www.mystichealingart.com/

No comments: